Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default These Technologies Are Changing Farms in Some Surprising Ways

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:26:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 00:05:27 -0700, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> I remember something about sustainable Christmas trees. You dig it out
>>> of the garden and put it back again after Christmas. Did that ever
>>> take root?

>>We haven't had that here but you can buy a live tree and replant it. Not
>>sure how well that worked though because winter isn't ideal for tree
>>planting.

> Um, you buy the live tree well before winter.

Here they were sold at Christmas time. You put it in your house, pot and
all, then plant it outside after Christmas. I think the abundance of
apartments and new houses with no yards is partly to blame for the lack of
sales.