Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default These Technologies Are Changing Farms in Some Surprising Ways

"Gary" > wrote in message
news
> On 7/16/2017 10:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I like fresh mozzarella, especially with basil and tomatoes. Never had
>> tofu that I liked.

> Firm tofu is a decent substitute for meat. It's basically flavorless...you
> have to add some flavor. If you didn't like it, you didn't flavor it
> right.

Has nothing to do with the flavor. It's the texture. Only way I like
anything made of soybeans is roasted soybeans.

> Also mushrooms and even chic peas are a decent meat substitute...going by
> mouthfeel.

Not a mushroom fan either. I can eat a small amount of raw on a salad. I
won't gag like my brother does. He flat out can't eat them no matter what. I
can eat a small amount cooked and mixed in something or cream of mushroom
soup in a casserole.

And even though I love my beans, fava would be my least favorite followed by
chickpeas. I just don't think either have much flavor. I can eat a few
chickpeas on a salad. And I do like falafel and hummus. But I am never
looking for a meat substitute. Of all the food groups there are, meat is my
least favorite.