Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Odd problem

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:11:36 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> No, Julie. You flat out denied you ever had a website and that it
>>> wasn't yours. Implying that somebody else made the website.

>> Look it up Steve and you'll see that I said repeatedly that I was not
>> running a website at that point in time.

> I don't need to look it up. OK, I will <clickety click>.
>
> Well, that easy:
>
> "I do not know what the content is on the posted link nor will I click
> on it again as it is *not* my website despite what anyone here has to
> say about it. I did see pics of my daughter from the 6th grade. But
> beyond that I will not look at anything because I have no idea what it
> is."
>
> That there seems pretty definitive - no possible argument about it.
> And there's more to that post, too. Here's the original in all it's
> glory:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....E/sGfmcc02ceEJ
>
> Now this is where you start blubbering and making more excuses about
> how you're just misunderstood by all of us, and "woe is me".

At the time, I had no website up and running. That's a fact. I only finally
looked when Cheri had looked at it and said that it looked like my website
but it wasn't all working. I have probably known Cheri for longer than
anyone here and I trust what she says. From there it took me a while to
figure out what had happened. I believe it was jinx who said that Frontier
FTPed the pages over. I had wrongly assumed that the website would end when
Verizon ended. Reason being that Frontier had new instructions for FTPing to
them.

By the time this all played out, I had a different computer and no FTP
program. There was/is no woe is me. And I don't believe that people here
misunderstand me at all. What I do understand is that for whatever reason,
the wackoberry Bryan who thankfully is no longer here was stalking me or
whatever the crud he was doing and put up a link to an old/outdated page
with my daughter on it, claiming it to be my website.

And after researching it, yes, it had been my website some years prior. But
it wasn't being currently run by anyone. I never forgot that I had a website
prior, but I did know at that point in time, I was not running one.

Now can we let it drop? It was a stupid waste of time when it first came up
and it is ticking me off now. It was just one of the many ways that some
here had to once again take pot shots at my daughter. My daughter who has
never even been to this group.