Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> OK, I think about done with Fair posts for this year.

I lied.

They also gave me the autographed copy of Linda Amendt's book about
preserving. It is the judges' award for the best canning entry -- for
the most outstanding exhibit in canned and preserved foods. Only thing
is, no one could tell me what entry it was for. Go figure.

Here's a fun read, if you can stand any more about me:
http://www.thisweek-online.com/2004/...b-jamlady.html

There's a really bad picture, too, if you dig around for it -- the link
is on the paper's home page via the Burnsville news link on the left.

I spent a couple hours with the Assistant Editor of the Minnesota
Women's Press yesterday morning, too. They're doing a story about
canning and have talked to a couple Fair winners -- and are hoping to
hook up with the young man who mops up in the vegetable categories
there, too. He's a cutie -- and makes totally killer dill pickles!

And my food co-op is doing a story, too.

And I'll be on the local CBS radio affilitate early Saturday morning.
(WCCO, 830 AM)

All that and a buck and a half will get you a cup of coffee. But it's
fun while it lasts.

I'll report on my scores later.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.