Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tristar Strawberries

"Bruce" > wrote in message

>>Pepperoni is a salami, and that's extremely common on pizza.

I despise Pepperoni or any other greasy meat.

>>What Julie doesn't know about sausage (of all kinds) could fill a
>>large book. Since she doesn't care for it, I don't expect her
>>to know very much about it.

I do not profess to be a sausage expert.

> I don't know much about sausage either, but I grew up with a few
> types: salami and metworst, for instance. I always thought the
> difference between salami and metworst was the presence or absence of
> garlic, but there's probably also salami without garlic.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metworst

At home we had breakfast sausages once in a while. Not very often. And my
dad bought various tubular meats but it was made clear that they were for
him and not us. For as picky as my dad was about things, he was never afraid
to try any kind of meat. Even Rocky Mountain Oysters.