Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Tristar Strawberries

On 6/20/2017 7:38 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news

>>> Sounds like they need more time. Nof familiar with that particular type
>>> but there is no berry like a fresh local berry.

>> I haven't seen anything but imported strawberries at grocery stores.
>> Fresh local strawberries aren't available at the farm stands down here
>> yet, either. (Other berries are showing up.) I think she's jumping
>> the gun just because the strawberries were red.
>>
>> My mother planted a strawberry patch (no idea of the variety) next to
>> the house we lived in in west TN. IIRC, we picked the strawberries in
>> July.
>>
>> Jill

> I don't know about the Seattle area, cooler there, but here the local
> strawberries have been really good for about 3 weeks now.
>
> Cheri

She wrote "Got tons of berries but they are just starting
to ripen. Alas, our sun that we were supposed to get today just did not
happen. Anyway... I picked 4 of them the other day. They looked ripe but
they were very sour."

All things considered, I think she rushed things and picked them too early.

Jill