Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning Wipes: The Greatest Innovation of My Adult Life?

On 6/17/2017 7:16 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 6/16/2017 1:31 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> I'm not that terribly concerned about washing the windows. I like to be
>> able to see birds at the bird bath and hummingbirds at the feeder. But
>> I sure don't worry about having crystal clear windows all the time.

> heheh ADD ME! I probably clean my windows maybe once every 10 years.
> They stay clean enough for me. Heavy blowing rain keeps the outside in
> check and the insides really don't get noticably dirty at all.

Here's a funny memory. In 2007 my mother asked me if there was a
squeegie/window washing tool in the garage. The kind like you might see
at a gas station for washing your windshield. She knew perfectly well
there was one.

She told me to fill a bucket with hot water and add dishwashing liquid.
Then she had me go outside and wash the kitchen windows. She stood
inside, watching me, pointing out spots I'd missed. LOL

Apparently she hadn't washed the windows in a few years. As long as I
was already here... might as well have me wash the windows. I didn't
mind. It was funny how she was pointing out spots I'd missed. Sorry,
I'm not an expert with a squeegie. I also washed the panel windows on
either side of the front door.

One thing I didn't do was wash the windows behind the huge azalea bushes
at the front of the house. I'm not climbing behind bushes to wash
windows. Not that important.

Jill