Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning Wipes: The Greatest Innovation of My Adult Life?

> None of our cats are particularly normal either. It must be nice to
> see so many different kinds of birds. We don't see too many because
> of our high walls and thick cover of trees. We do see quit a few
> hummingbirds that enjoy drinking from both of our fountains, and an
> occasional robin that likes to take a bath in the large fountain.

Oh, it's wonderful to have a plethora of birds. I've been a bird
watcher for many years.

One of the first things I heard in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew
was hummingbirds. The power was out for four days. In preparation I'd
taken the feeder down. I opened the windows after the tail of the storm
passed. I saw a hummingbird hover at the window, "Where the heck is my
food?!" LOL I immediately put the hummingbird feeder back up. And they
were right there sipping.

It's amazing what you can hear when there is no underlying hum of
electricty. The beating of hummingbird wings sounded a lot like the
light sabers from 'Star Wars'.

I don't know how birds weather storms like that. But they do always
come back. And I love watching them. My cat doesn't seem to care one
way or another.

Jill