Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Alfredo makes my stomach sick

On 2017-05-27, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> My guess is someone used cream to make it cheaper.

Yer cream is cheaper than butter!? Lucky you. I pay $4USD per pt of
cream (organic). I rarely spend more than $3.50USD lb fer butter.

> If you don't have one, consider getting a nice pasta bowl as it can
> be heated and it keeps the meal warm longer.

I've discovered that having a mirowavable bowl (one that doesn't
absorb much nuke rays) is more important. If the contents get hot w/o
the bowl becoming too hot, you gotta good m/w bowl.

Labels to the contrary! My fave is Churchill-ware, Made in UK. Takes
1-1/2 min nuke (1000W) to even get a plate decently warm!

nb