Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dinner Tonight

On 5/23/2017 7:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> On 5/22/2017 6:09 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/22/2017 1:49 PM, Gary wrote:
>>> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
>>> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
>>> working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.
>>>

>> You tend to make fun of the small quantities I eat, yet you subsist on
>> only 10 oz. of vegetable juice for lunch?!

> Not really making fun of your small meals - just an observation that you
> do seem to eat small portions. Just a comment, not a put down. I see
> your meal pics and think....I would need more. :-)
>
> Anyway, yeah.....I don't like to stop in the middle of the work day and
> eat lunch. Eating makes me tired and eating at lunch for work makes the
> 2nd half of the day drag on forever. Just the V8 nutrition doesn't do
> that to me.
>
> When daughter was young, I started up my own business just to give me a
> more flexible schedule. For many years, I didn't need a babysitter
> except during the summer months.
>
> During most of her school years, I could stay home until she got on the
> bus. Then I would go to work at 9am and work straight through until
> 3:30. I was always home when she got home from school.
>
> Since that gave 6 1/2 hours to work, I never stopped for lunch. I worked
> those hours straight with no lunch and I always got home 15 minutes
> before she did. No babysitter and no latch-key daughter.
>
> That became a habit that I still do. No interest in taking lunch at
> work. I'll take a 10 minute lunch break and go back to work and I still
> can come home early with full hours. Drinking the V8 gives me nutrition
> to carry on. :-D

Sounds like it works well for you and congratulations for not putting
your daughter in an after school warehouse.

It was different at my work. Lunch was a good time to socialize and
enjoy time with a co=worker or two. Sometimes we talked shop, but tried
to avoid it even though we were paid for the time.