Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Dinner Tonight

Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:36:51 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> > cooked. >>> Also when people say they don't like left overs what
> > they are really >>> saying is that they don't like to cook and
> > rarely do cook... mostly >>> they eat out or take out.

> > order >> to have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook.
> > Speaking >> for myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated
> > and would >> rather cook enough for one meal for the two of us each
> > night. I can >> cook a pork chop to perfection and enjoy it. A pork
> > chop that has >> been cooked and then cooled, wrapped and then
> > re-heated will be over >> cooked.

> > > Not entirely Dave, I cook extra for work lunches.

> > Why? Because it saves you the time and effort to make a meal just
> > for your lunch?

> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>
> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
> just for lunch.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Correct Cindy. Also, I can reheat, but trying to make a true meal is to
be rude and take more of your share of 'microwave time'. Most of the
folks at work who need 4 mins or more microwave time, eat a little
early or late. Thats because between 10:45-11:45, we can have up to 30
people who just want to rewarm some soup or something for 2 minutes.

I will add that I am not a microwave cook. Like most, I use it to
reheat stuff. It, and a toaster is all I have at work. Perhaps Dave
works at home so he doesn't understand packing a lunch?

Off that though, I really like my work place. We have a sizable core
group who bring in fun freebies.