Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Fast Food You Should Disdain...

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:10:18 AM UTC-10, Michael OConnor wrote:
> > 2. Wendy's baked potatoes and chili: There have been some changes to the menu in the last 4 years, but I would order anything from Wendy's except for the baked potatoes. Only because they're hit and miss. You never know how fresh the potato will be. Also don't order the chili. It's made from hamburger meat from the grill that has not been used. The meat gets collected in a container until there is enough to make a batch of chili ...

> I worked for Wendy's when I was a teen. Whenever a burger broke up during cooking, we had to put it in the chili pile and there was no telling how long it would sit before it went into chili. However, if the meat is fresh, their chili is quite good.

I like the baked potato and chili at Wendy's. I order those because I rarely get a chance to eat baked potatoes and the chili is just plain tasty. It's nothing like real chili. Tastes like it's made with tomato paste, dehydrated onion, garlic powder, hamburger, cumin, and sugar. It's fairly obvious that it's made with old burger patties - I don't mind.