Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Dinner tonight 4/29/17

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 20:11:37 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 30-Apr-2017, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>> > I was never a fan of shaved meat or cheese. Thin yes, but tissue
>> > paper, no.
>> >

>> I'm not a fan of shaved meat either. It always seems as though there
>> is no substance to buite into. However, David likes his turkey
>> shaved tissue thin and they do a good job of it.
>>
>> --

>2-3 ply tissue thin is good with me. 8-)
>I like to drape several thin slices onto a sandwich so that there is not a
>solid wall of meat; but, "corrugated: effect. To me, the extra surface area
>(??) enhances the flavor, where a meat puck suppresses it. Of course,
>corned beef and pastrami are generally the only deli meats I buy.

that's what I got at Winco the other day -- a half inch of solid meat
and cheese. It was unpleasant to bite through, Winco was trying to
give value for dollar and messed up the sandwich instead. It took two
meals for my husband and myself to eat it all and I actually threw the
bread and most of the filling from my half away.
Janet US