Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Dinner tonight 4/29/17

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 11:29:21 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 4/30/2017 11:26 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 09:58:08 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> the problem with making a sub at home is getting the meat and cheese
>>> cut thin enough. I'm done trying. I just go to Blimpie's

>> I just ask the deli to slice it ".5" (less if it's prosciutto). But
>> getting them to shave Pittsburgh-style chipped ham is usually futile.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I was never a fan of shaved meat or cheese. Thin yes, but tissue paper, no.

I know what you are talking about. I'm talking thicker than that -- -
easily pliable. Too much meat and cheese ruins a good grinder.
I just go into Blimpie's and tell them I want a foot long Blimpie's
Best with extra vinegar and oil, extra oregano and the yellow peppers.
Perfect.
Janet US