Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Serving refried beans (without tortillas)

On 4/29/2017 5:32 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2017-04-29 1:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 12:55:38 -0400, wrote:
>>
>>> Gary wrote:

>> ?
>>>
>>> Obviously no one reported his demise to the web site admin.
>>> This is the first I'm hearing about Andy ending it all, I figured he
>>> got bored and decided to unceremoniously move on, same as so many
>>> others have.

>> You were aware that he died since you said farewell to him when it was
>> first posted.
>>
>> The theory that his death was self-inflicted is just that, a theory.
>> But not without merit considering his odd mental state, as you note.
>> It was clear that while he was usually happy before 2:PM, his rare
>> posts after 3:PM indicated he definitely had some inner demons.
>>

> That's a completely baseless assertion!

Not really. Steve did find Andy's obituary. If you want proof he had
problems, I can tell you. Andy was calling me constantly, in some sort
of manic-depressive state. He seemed to think I was his girlfriend. I
never met the man in my life. One day he called just to ask my middle
name. I don't have one. "How come I find Jill M. McQuown when I do a
search?" Uh... I don't know. And why the heck are you Googling me?

For a while, he called me several times a day. Sometimes just minutes
apart. He'd be all Sad Sak when I wouldn't answer the phone. He'd
leave me long, rambling messages. One minute he was "oh... guess you
don't ever want to talk to me again". Then he'd call back all bright
and cheery, "Hey! How are you! Just wanted to say hi!"

He would not listen when I politely asked him to stop. I emailed him,
asked him to stop. He didn't reply to the email. I finally had to call
him out about it here on RFC.

There was definitely something wrong with him. It's not a huge leap to
suspect he killed himself. He probably needed to be on some sort of
medication.

Jill