Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Hey Jill.

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 03:04:33 -0700 (PDT), sanne
> wrote:

>Am Freitag, 28. April 2017 09:50:18 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
>
>> Even if I'd eat meat, I'd still not be interested in a meat fondue,

>Don't confuse the deep-fried stuff with a good meat fondue aka hot pot -
>but with very good soup as a result!

I guess that's a different story.

>You may use fish and seafood, too - vegetables are a must IMO.
>Mushrooms, especially rehydrated shiitake, add a nice flavor to the broth.
>Dips and salads (dressings served separately), rice and/or bread (depending
>on the theme of the party), ...
>We used to have that on New Year's Eve when we had company.

I've only had the hot pot style in a Korean restaurant.

>> but cheese fondues can be very good. With a French stick, some salad
>> and white wine.

>Mix white whine with lots of garlic and let it stand overnight - that's
>the basis.

Sounds good. I believe our local cheese monger in the Netherlands sold
little bags of grated Emmenthaler and Gruyère for cheese fondue
purposes. If I recall correctly.