Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Hey Jill.

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 8:22:55 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:02:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 7:40:19 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >

> >> First you apologise for insulting them and then you insult them again.
> >> Interesting, yet disingenuous strategy!

> >Let's face it, folks here revel in being behind the times. This means something. This place is not like other places. Why is that? It is a question that will be studied in the future. Rest assured that some social scientists in the future will be writing about this. We'll each have a file and our posts/interactions will be analysed and charted. We're gonna be famous - of course, we'll all be dead but you can't have everything.

> I don't see why cheese fondue would be behind the times. It's not like
> it's been superseded by something. It's kinda unique.

Fondue was popular in the US during the late 60's and 70's. No doubt the fad will pop it's ugly head up every now and then. I did meet up with the famous chocolate fountain in Las Vegas. I found the kinetics of it fascinating but it was kind of repulsive as a food i.e., Americans will love it! One day the kids may popularize this vintage pop fad but the reality is that melted cheese has never gone out of fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=174L0ao0rjc