Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Jill.

On 4/27/2017 5:29 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-04-27 5:24 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:27:52 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I can't see it making a comeback if they use chemical cheese fondue
>>> kits. Once again I am reminded of stadium nacho cheese sauce.
>>>

>> This is the one that's ubiquitous where I live - grocery store, World
>> Market, wherever.
>> https://az836796.vo.msecnd.net/media...7301500081.jpg
>>

>> Ingredients
>> Swiss Emmentaler and Guryere cheese, white wine, Kirsch brandy.
>>

> Phew. I had visions of something in a squeeze pouch and dyed the
> perfect colour. Given that the ingredients for fondue as so basic, one
> wonders why they would need it ready made... other than kirsch.

Why? Why does anyone need bagged salad when they can easily buy a
little of whatever greens they like and tear the leafy stuff themselves?
Convenience.

I never imagined a fondue kit in stores. Then again, I've never had
what you call "stadium nacho cheese sauce" so I can't really imagine
that, either.

Jill