Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default 10 signs you're a pretentious foodie

On 2017-04-26 11:58 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:41:38 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:15:43 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "graham" wrote in message news >>>
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-...ntious-foodie/
>>>
>>> =
>>>
>>> I read the ridiculous thing about brambles vs blackberries in the local
>>> newspaper!!
>>>
>>> What the heck does it matter???? They are brambles to me and I grow
>>> them
>>> but I still know what blackberries are and don't argue the point!
>>>
>>> Pah!
>>>
>>> Oh and all the rest is not for me

>> take mine. They are spread by birds and are a weed to me. Every time
>> I get a new neighbor they get excited and nurture them. Pah!
>> Janet US
>>
>> ==
>>
>> No thanks, we use what I grow and don't need more))
>>
>> Do you not use yours?

> No. I don't care for the punishment. (There's a reason they are
> called brambles)
> Janet US

There was a blackberry and apple tree in the neighbour's derelict back
garden that hung over the fence. It was a Bramley (cooking apple) tree
infested with brambles. Mum could pick the makings of a blackberry and
apple pie in less than 5 minutes and only about 20' from the kitchen door.
Graham

===

Brilliant! I do have apples though not Bramleys. They go ok with the
Brambles)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk