Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Serving refried beans (without tortillas)

:

>> KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Looking for a tasty way to serve refried beans. Tried them yesterday
>>> simply with magic mushroom powder. Quite good! Thank you, Koko!
>>>
>>> I'm sure there are many many other ways. Suggestions? Sorry, no
>>> tortillas.
>>>
>>> TIA

>> Hi KenK, is the no tortillas because you do not have any, or because
>> you do not eat bread (low carb desires).
>>

> Sort of. Trying to avoid gluten and corn.
>
>Snip
>
>> I wish you well.

Ken, I'm avoiding gluten and grains also. Here are a couple of
tortilla alternatives I use. Hope you try them

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...llas.html#more
or
http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

I make these and use them for tacos also. I haven't posted it on my
blog yet but here's the recipe.
http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/2...ainfree-paleo/

Best wishes

koko

--
When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no perfect food,
only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection