Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tea cups (pic) WAS So, the Sterling Silver

On 2017-04-23 11:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/23/2017 11:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I like the polka dot green cup and saucer off to the left. It's
>> whimsicle.
>>
>> Jill

> All nice, but I like the one on the far right best. Rarely use a cup
> though, my morning tea is in a mug. No bags, always a good loose tea.

I am starting to rediscover tea. I grew up on the stuff. My parents
were tea drinkers and I always hated milk, so I drank tea. My best
friends were German, Dutch and Czech and I got the coffee habit from
them, but still drank mostly tea. While at university I had summer job
in the furnace room in an alloy plant and quickly discovered that the
only think that quenched my thirst in that place was hot black tea.

I had digestive issues that tea got perhaps too much of the blame for,
and I switched to coffee. I would only have tea once or twice a month.
I have been in the habit of having a latte every morning, and it has
caused a different sort of reaction, so a few months ago I started
having tea. It had to be made in a pot and not allowed to steep too
long. I have only a cup, or a small mug. I have not had any unpleasant
reactions to it, so I get to enjoy the clear crisp taste of tea in again.