Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default So, the Sterling Silver

On 2017-04-21 4:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/21/2017 4:34 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> We generally carve at the table. My Henckles carving knife does a much
>> better job of carving. IMO a fancy stag handle does not make it more
>> suitable for company.
>>

> You see carving at the table on TV where day stands at the head and
> makes it a big event.

It was never a big event in my family, or in my wife's. It was just the
way it was done. However, if we have a lot of people over I prefer to do
it in the kitchen. Aside from making things run more smoothly, I get to
eat relatively undisturbed. If you do it at the table you are just
starting to get yours at long last and it may be time to start serving
seconds.