Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Serving refried beans (without tortillas)

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 6:46:06 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:21:06 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 5:28:15 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> Famine is not the only reason people can have an interest in new food from
> >> other places.
> >>
> >> I think many cooks here can be interested in new foods.
> >>

> >> --
> >> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> >I get the feeling that most folks here are not interested in expanding their food horizons but would rather dis the foods of others and belittle other posters. My immediate goals are to make some refried beans and eat a raw egg on rice. By doing this, I will learn how other people think about foods. These are small things for sure but eating is not the goal - learning is.

> I think you are wrong about us and new food horizons. Depending on
> our ethnic backgrounds, travel and places we've live, we each have a
> different level of acceptance. And, let's face it. Just look at the
> runny egg post -- there are just some foods that make each of us go
> ewwww.
> At least we recognize that you are more than an "island" in the middle
> of the ocean
> Janet US

Putting a raw egg on some hot rice, stirring, and then eating it does sound like a nasty idea. That ain't gonna stop me from trying it - at least once..

Actually, we are a little rock in the middle of nowhere and we like to cause trouble for the folks on the mainland. It can't be helped.