Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default So, the Sterling Silver

On 4/21/2017 10:02 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2017-04-21 6:42 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> It seems like sterling isn't on bride lists much anymore...living is
>> more casual than
>> it used to be, except for those who are in the higher income
>> brackets. That is what
>> it feels like, anyway.
>>

> That has also affected the antiques trade and here I'm talking about
> stuff well over the 100year old definition. In the UK, the bottom has
> dropped out of the market. People don't want to be bothered with looking
> after old stuff.
> Graham

I have sets of China from both my mother and grandmother. A few pieces
are on display in the hutch, but have not been used in many years. They
require more care and have to be hand washed.

I have no idea where they will end up as our kids and grandkids have no
interest in them. Most likely be sold for pennies in an estate sale
some day.