Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: BioD Austrian, couple Calis, 1 bubbly, 1 almost-Soave, 1 rose

On 4/12/17 12:22 PM, DaleW wrote:
> in between puppy work we got in a few wines:
>
> Betsy often likes Champagne, but loved the NV Beaufort Grand Cru
> Reserve Brut Champagne (lot BGC, 10/12 disgorgement) At first sip I
> thought just a tad too sweet, but as I adjusted to the dosage it
> seemed fine. Floral, lots of citrus zest, just a touch of yeast and
> almond; with an elegant mousse and a long minerally figure. Get more.
> A-/B+

Interesting. I've never come across this producer. Jean loves bubbly,
but her preferences run more to BdB non-dosé (though she did recently
like a Pur Meunier Champagne quite a bit)

> 2015 Baudry Chinon Rose - red fruit, strawberry and cranberry, little
> citrus topnote, losing a little freshness but still good. B

I drank my last in March with much the same result.

Thanks for the interesting notes, Dale.

Mark Lipton