Old 22-03-2017, 10:35 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default TN: Impressive Galician wines, plus 2 Unico, LdH, CVNE, PX, andchampagne

On 3/22/17 1:42 PM, DaleW wrote:

Next course was a perfect 2 week dry aged duck breast, with a pickled daikon side -another great wine match

1982 CVNE €śImperial€ť Rioja Gran Reserva
Red cherries and raspberries, hint of coconut, spice. Tasty in a very straightforward way. B+

1976 Lopez de Heredia €śTondonia€ť Rioja Gran Reserva
Red and black cherry, earth, coffee, orange zest. Though orange zest and coffee dont sound Burgundian, I thought this was very like a fine Vosne GC. Great showing. A/A-

Perfect waygu short ribs
1989 Vega Sicilia Unico
Red cherries, cassis, tobacco, and earth, young, would be a good ringer for RB or Graves Bordeaux, young and fine,.B+

1970 Vega Sicilia Unico
Shocking young. Dark berry fruit, saddle leather, cedar, earth. Quite complex, plenty of structure. A-/A.

I am a fan of Vega Sicilia Unico and have been on their mailing list
since 2001. I really love these wines and appreciated almost every vintage.