Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(William R. Watt) wrote:

> Mapickle ) writes:
> >>I just found out today that I've been awarded the coveted and
> >>highly sought "Prestigious Processor of the Pantry" medallion. :-)

> > Way to go Barb! Here in the great Pacifc NW we call those type of
> > awards Queen of the Kitchen - but PPP is way more PC.

> is there a King of the Kitchen award?

No, that's why they give it a gender-non-specific name. I don't think
it's a matter of "political correctness;" there are lots of men who
enter and win the canning lots. The young man who won the overall
canning award (I don't know if the name changes each year) last year
kicked butt in the vegetable classes. I had a chance to meet and visit
with him before the newscast we were on last week, and taste his winning
dill pickles. They were out of this world. No garlic.

> some men might delight in being crowned Queen of the Kitchen and
> dressing up in wigs and fancy evening gowns for the presentation, but
> others of us would be discouraged from entering the competition.

(See Blanche's comments. :-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.