Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Malls was Use by date

Dave Smith wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I haven't been to a shopping mall since I was in my 20's. As a teen, it
>> was a place to hang out with friends. There was a movie theatre and of
>> course, being teenage girls, we loved looking at all the clothes. Rarely
>> had money to buy anything, but looking was free. You couldn't drag
>> me to a mall these days.

>Malls seem to be losing their appeal around here. The large enclosed
>collections of the same old stores don't seem to be attracting customers
>the way they used to. Most new commercial developments these days tend
>to be box store farms and stand alone collections. For instance, a
>nearby city had a decent sized mall that at one time contained a Sears,
>Walmart, a grocery store and about 60 smaller stores, and there was a
>Canadian Tire across the street. Walmart and Canadian Tire moved around
>the corner and about a mile down, and there is big Rona at one end.
>Target moved into the unit that had been Walmart and then Kmart, but it
>floundered. I usually only go there for banking and half the people in
>there seem to be mall walkers.

The last time I shopped at a maul has to be about 1985 on Lung
Guyland. I did go to a Sears here in Albany but I didn't actually go
into the maul, Sears has a parking lot entrance. I went to exchange a
Craftsman battery pack drill, that's when I discovered that the
Craftsmen guarantee doesn't apply to any motorized product, only hand
tools... I left that drill on their counter and said goodbye to Sears
forever. I really never liked that drill anyway, had no power, even a
cheap plug-in electric drill has twice the power and never diminishes
with use. I don't mind using extension cords, I prefer full power.
And those battery packs make the tool heavy and cumbersom. Whyere I
live with everything so far apart most of the trades people prefer
light weight pneumatic tools, they have compressors that run off their
pick up trucks.

As more and more people shop on line the brick & morters close down...
just heard that JC Penny is closing 140 stores. I liked buying
cookware/housewares on line from JC Penny (great prices) but
unfortunately they were not well geared for etail delivery issues and
in most instance i had to phone in my orders and they didn't have the
personal that could handle that efficiently... Amazon made shopping
dead simple. BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
nearly half price from Amazon. Amazon even has a sizing app on line,
it will give the the men's size for the women's size and vice versa,
very handy with Crocs unisex footwear... the Crocks site doesn't do
this and so they likely lose sales when it says something is not in
stock. I normally wear a size 11 flip flop, however I learned that if
my size is out of stock in the men's section I can order a woman's
size 13. In fact when something is out of stock in your size Amazon
will automatically check the woman's stock for availability and make
the suggestion. The Crocs site is so poor to navigate that I phone in
my orders and their personal have never checked if my size for an item
was available in the larger womens's size... they lost sales. Tyhe
one thing Crocs will do if a product fails past the 90 day period they
will replace it at half price... a couple of times the flip flop thong
that goes between the toes has pulled out and they did replace it at
half price even two years later. I really didn't wear it for two
years, It was s pair I ordered two of so I'd have a spare and it broke
afer wearing it only a couple of weeks, and I don't wear flip flops
outdoors, they are really my house slippers. I attempted to make a
repair with Gorilla Glue, an excellent product, but it won't adhere to
the material used for Crocs.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/news...res/index.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/jcpen...-stores-2017-1