Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Use by date

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 2/25/2017 3:25 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 9:55:59 AM UTC-7, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> There was a former poster here who used to throw away [what sounded
>> like] a lot of food based on those random dates. She's the type of
>> consumer this rule change is geared towards, to prevent the unnecessary
>> throwing out of perfectly good food.
>>
>> Jill

> I'm sure that "former poster" would find some way to get around the new
> rules
> so that she/he could toss food because she/he loved to shop for more food.
> I know people who just love shopping at the malls...personally I hate
> malls
> with a passion. My wife had a helluva time getting me to go to them but
> the
> kids were always gung ho.
> =====

I haven't been to a shopping mall since I was in my 20's. As a teen, it
was a place to hang out with friends. There was a movie theatre and of
course, being teenage girls, we loved looking at all the clothes.
Rarely had money to buy anything, but looking was free. You couldn't
drag me to a mall these days.

Jill

===

I don't have a choice because our optician is there, but not for anything
else

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk