Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Use by date

On 2017-02-25, Alex > wrote:

> From Wells Fargo Daily Advantage:
>
> "Just about a week ago, two food industry trade groups announced
> voluntary, standardized practices intended to clear up confusion about
> 10 separate label phrases such as Sell By, Use By, Expires On, Best
> Before, Better if Used By, or Best By. Manufacturers are now encouraged
> to use only two: "Best if Used By" and "Use By."

Any bogus issue to avoid actually labelling food with the real
ingredients, including GMO foods. Apparently, it's OK to change the
labels 2-3 times a yr, like telling ppl pointless nonsense like how
this food is "new" and "improved" or when to toss this container and
buy another one. BUT, when having to show what's actually included,
well, that's gonna drive food prices through the roof and we will all
starve to death! Krikies!!

> This is a great initiative.

If yer a complete moron.

nb