Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] rschooley1@cougars.ccis.edu is offline

Default Question about those "Atlas" jars

On Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 12:05:20 AM UTC-5, Mimi wrote:
> I've only used the bigger ones for storage & iced coffee. (shaken, not
> stirred)
>
> : - )
>
> Now, Classico does sell a pesto sauce in a smaller jar--we use it as a
> base with white sauce on pizza because I can't eat tomatoes. I have
> re-used those little jars for jams, jellies & butters in a BWB--no
> problems with breakage or sealing. I haven't had a issue with the
> shape of the jar because I usually do small batches and they fit okay
> in my granite BWB canner.
>
> HTH

Hi Mimi,
I have started using the classico pizza jars, sounds like the pesto sauce jars you use. My question is: what size canning lids & rings do you use for the small jars? I tried the regular sized mason jar lids and they a bit too big for them.
Thanks
Robert