Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Luker baking chocolate (from Goya) - your opinion?

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 16:33:19 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 2:31:50 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > I can't say what 20 year old chocolate would taste like but
>> > I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that it won't taste like chocolate.

>> and I'm willing to bet $5 that I'll never find out.

>I'll bet $5 that you could if you wanted to.

Luker chocolate isn't tastey to start, even fifty years won't make it
worse. It's not eating chocolate (it's hard like stone), but it makes
very decent frothy Mexican style cocoa... it's good with a titch of
cinnamon. It takes about five minutes to melt/dissolve in boiling
water, add some milk and froth it with a hand held beater. It was
9ºF outside so I tried some this aftenoon, it makes very good cocoa,
far better than Swiss Miss. Actually I had TIAD cocoa because I had
cocoa with a stick of Boars Head pepperoni... wasn't damned awful but
I gotta say, cocoa and pepperoni is definitely a TIAD combo.
Anyway I went into town this morning to get my mail and pick up a few
groceries, got a very nice 3.66 lb top round roast, on sale all week
at $3.99/lb., will be oven roasted for dinner on Tuesday. They had a
few different beef roasts on sale at the same price but I much prefer
top round because I don't like fatty beef... I really don't enjoy rib
roasts, too fatty. They had asssorted Keebler crackers on sale, 3
boxes/$5, the Pretzel Thins w/sea salt are very good. Those Keebler
elves do a good job... got me wondering if there are female elves with
lovely elve bazooms.