Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default herbs & spice

On 2017-01-07 1:47 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> None of my shops have bulk that allows dipping. It's all drop down
> from a release door into a bag you hold beneath the door.

The bulk sales around here tend to have small bins with scoops. The
only ones that are drop down are for coffee.

> You live
> around some pretty old fashioned stuff. I usually have to wait behind
> the employee that is refilling the bulk bins. Sometimes they are
> filled twice daily. My shops know their customers well and don't
> stock stuff that doesn't move.

I know they are constantly re-filling the bins in the Bulk Barn because
there are always one or two people doing that when I am there. Some of
the bins for things like flour and sugar look huge, but they have false
bottoms on them. What looks big enough to hold 200 lb of product might
only have 20 lb.