Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Using a Induction hot plate as a slow cooker

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 5:06:44 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-01-06 7:21 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 12:31:49 PM UTC-10,
> > wrote:
> >> On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 1:03:10 PM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:

> >> What temps do you set your induction cooktop to slow cook? What
> >> temp should I use when the recipe says to slow cook on High? or
> >> Low? Thanks

> > That depends on the wattage of the unit and the control settings. My
> > Samsung range will do a nice boil on a pot of stew at 5 on the big
> > element.

> You boil stews? That makes the meat tough.
>

> I like to do most of my frying between 7 and 10. I can do a
> > very slow simmer at about 3. You could probably keep something warm
> > on 2. I don't go much lower than that. The lowest setting would be .5
> > but I've never had occasion to use it. Oddly enough, the range calls
> > that "simmer."
> >

> ---

I made a pretty good stew a couple of days ago. The large chunks of chuck
was fried in oil and braised. I set the range to 3 and took a nap for around
3 hours. I had the stew with some stinky pickled radish. I ate the cold
radish first. It was good eats alright.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...2hfbYdWj9gmlOI

Looks good) I made a beef stew in my 'slow cooker' last week and I put it
on 93c (medium) 4-6 hours.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk