Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Using a Induction hot plate as a slow cooker

wrote in message

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 1:03:10 PM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:27:10 AM UTC-10, horusprim wrote:
> > I am thinking on a buying a induction hot plate from Amazon.com
> > (http://www.amazon.com/Max-Burton-600...-Induction/dp/
> > B000MVN1M6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top).
> >
> > I wanted know if there was any reason I could not use it as a
> > makeshift heat in a slow cooker application? In other words, place a
> > cast iron dutch oven, with the slow cooking food, on the induction hot
> > plate. Next, leave and go to work. Then come back to a hot meal.

> I use my induction range for slow cooking with no problem. I'll leave
> stuff on, go to work, and come back 10 hrs later. I'll also use the oven
> as a slow cooker - put a pork butt in and go to bed or go to work. I'll
> also use my rice cooker on the warm setting as a slow cooker and have left
> beef shortribs in there for days. These techniques work like a Maverick
> missile i.e., fire and forget.

What temps do you set your induction cooktop to slow cook? What temp should
I use when the recipe says to slow cook on High? or Low? Thanks
====

I can't help with the induction hot plate but I wonder if this might help.
My sous vide machine doubles as as slow cooker and I have to enter the temps
(unlike a slow cooker that give low, med. high.

low 82c
Medium 93c
HIgh 100c

I hope that might help