Posted to rec.food.cooking
Alan Holbrook[_5_] Alan Holbrook[_5_] is offline

Default herbs & spice

U.S. Janet B. > wrote in
:

> Again, I have to ask. Where the heck do you shop that you are exposed
> to such awful conditions for food? Apparently the hinterland of New
> York is uncivilized.

Doesn't happen often, but this time I completely agree with Sheldon.
People from good families, who went to the best schools, who have Ph.D.s,
and are on the boards of directors of national charities still don't always
wash their hands after using the bathroom. And their snotty-nosed brats
who open the bins and stick their hands into the product may not have been
sanitized before Mommy took them shopping.

As far as hinterlands being uncivilized, my first wife's family were West
Virginia hillbillies living in a "holler" near a town that was very upscale
because it had a traffic light, and they were amongst the cleanest people I
ever met.