Kenneth

On 30 Aug 2004 19:20:36 GMT, pamnone (Wcsjohn) wrote:

>>Well, no... Gluten can be developed mechanically as you mention,
>>chemically (see supermarket bread labels for more on that), and by
>>hydration alone: Just mix some flour with water, and wait.
>>
>>All the best,
>>
>>--
>>Kenneth
>>

>Are you seriously saying that dough merely needs to be mixed and left and that
>it will, without further mechanical input, develop a gluten elasticity and
>structure that is good enough to make bread worth eating?
>
>John

Hi John,

I don't know what "seriously" would mean in this context, but yes,
that is exactly what I am saying.

Not only does it work well (I have been doing it for about thirty
years), but, as I mentioned in another post, it has the advantage of
producing a coarser crumb.

You might want to give it a try. It really works.

All the best,

--
Kenneth