Charles Perry

Wcsjohn wrote:

> I've never known gluten development to arise spontaneously, it requires
> mechanical work input. Unless, of course, you've trained your Fridge Fairies to
> while away their time by kneading dough.

Nice looking bread, John.

It is Bread Faeries, John, not Fridge Fairies. They hate it when
their name is spelled wrong. I once, in an idle moment,
speculated that the cold in the fridge caused the Bread Faeries
to shiver and that, in turn, was enough mechanical movement to do
some gluten development.

Of course I don't know that for certain. I do know they are not
above taking credit for work they did not do, while getting
pretty testy when their real efforts are not acknowledged. And,
Lord knows, it is bad news for us when any of the Wee Folk are
upset.

Regards,

Charles

--