Brian Macke

Default Donuts

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:33:56 -0800, paula wrote:

> what were the ingredients you did not understand?? an American recipe
> would be in the same language as an English one!!!only the ammounts may
> be in cups rather than ounces/grammes.

Much like the parts of a car, ingredients have different names in
different locations. The term "half and half" is as alien to the Brits as
the term "treacle" is to Americans. If memory serves me, he had problems
with "granulated sugar" and "shortening" which are distinctly American
names.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which