Posted to rec.food.cooking
The New Other Guy The New Other Guy is offline

Default Some USIANs opinion of England and the English <g>

On Wed, 07 Dec 2016 19:28:24 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "S Viemeister" wrote in message
>> ... On 12/7/2016 2:32 PM,
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> > "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

>> > I prefer to keep the clothing clean and pollen free. We alwys use
>> > the dryer
>> >
>> > ============
>> >
>> > I don't seem to have any problems with that.
>> >
>> > Sheila? Do you?
>> >

>> The winds in Sutherland don't let any pollen or schmutz sit on the
>> laundry (I have to use lots of clothes pegs to keep my sheets from
>> flying off to Orkney), there aren't many cars and my drying green is
>> a fair distance from the road. Very rarely a bird will drop a bomb on
>> my laundry - the last time was about 6 years ago. ===
>>
>> How about in US?

>You need to understand how BIG the US is to realize that question makes
>no sense.

Brits don't seem to understand that California is more
than *3 times* larger than England, and California is
but a small part of the United States.

The continental US is almost 3.2 million square miles,
and California is 359,000 of that. England is just over
50,000 square miles.