Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default New Food Processor

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Doris Night wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > whenever I >> feel like it without worrying about the clean-up.

> > > In addition to washing dishes, my husband also does all of the
> > > vacuuming, because my back can't take it. I'll dust, and do other
> > > things that don't involve too much bending, but vacuuming and
> > > mopping floors can really get to me.
> > >
> > > We're about to get a once-a-month cleaning lady. I'm really
> > > looking forward to having her. I won't have to feel too guilty
> > > about the fact that I don't do too much around here.
> > >
> > > Doris

> > I've thought about it but I think the money here would be better
> > spent with someone to cut the grass for Don. I've not done much
> > housework since 2001. I was either out to sea too much or it was
> > after my back went really bad. Misdiagnosed by the Navy, it is no
> > longer fixable. Only life changes make it workable and stable.
> >
> > --

> Lazy excuses, Carol. ehhe
> Above you said, "Actually, Don does most of the dishes here too
> and the lion's share of the house things (he's retired fully now)."
>
> Sounds like he didn't retire at all...he just switched to a job with
> no pay.

Oh I appreciate all he does, but the only 'child' here is 23 and she
does the vacumning and mopping. Empties the dishwasher and so on. She
took over cleaning the tub/shower after I fell (missed 2 days work and
lucky that was all). I got a safety rail on the outer lip now and we
already had one installed at the wall. I pretty much do the bathroom
mirrors, counter and toilet. Wipe up kitchen counters when I see they
need it. Bits-n-pieces here and there.

It may sound a little silly but Don and I were both older for a first
marriage and we'd had a lot of room mates. We knew that failing to
split tasks 'somehow', was a killer. So we made a list of the big
things and then made our own list of 'what we hated to do the most'
ending with what we didnt really mind.

We matched them and Don's top hate was cleaning bathrooms and mine was
laundry. After years of doing his own uniforms (he's also retired
Navy), he finds it a mindless soothing thing to spend 20 minutes or so
a week ironing what needs to be ironed so he does that too (most of my
stuff doenst need to be ironed but he likes to iron his blue jeans and
T-shirts).

Every one pitches in with storing groceries and picking up things and
Charlotte goes shopping with me so I dont have to worry about lifting
things (her payback is getting treats she likes ;-)

Oh, all 3 of us cook (and enjoy it) so it's never a problem with 'who
makes dinner' unless more than one of us want to on the same night.
Most of the time, that works out too as Charlotte mostly has ideas for
sides she wants to try, so Don or I will make the main to match her
idea.

Charlotte BTW right now is experimenting with a tomato sauce. She had
a hankering for home made spagetti and we found I was out of sauce
(pre-made) so is trying her hand at it with a can of sauce and one of
crushed tomatoes. Her approach is very interesting and I bet I will be
copying it! Stoplight mini-peppers that needed to be used up, set the
initial tone to which she added a bold amount of black pepper and now
she's filtering jars and sniffing things. She (and we) want something
a bit different. Should be good!