Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default New Food Processor

In article >,
says...

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:32:12 -0500, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 08:48:25 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >>They are usually available here in January or February, and I only see
> >>them in stock for a week or two.

> >Thanks. I'll watch for them.
> >
> >Doris

> I don't know about Ontario but here you have to be quick, they are a
> desirable item and come in and disappear very quickly

LOL. One year I was over on the mainland on a rather frazzled day of
errands when I spotted a greengrocer selling Seville oranges; knew I had
to snap them up quick. There I stood trying to remember the marmalade
recipe from the previous year. My recipe books are full of notes added
by me. Was it in pounds or kiligrams? Did it say "60 jars of jam takes
12 lb of oranges? or 12 kg? Or was that the sugar? Brain pain. So I
played safe and bought 12 kilograms of oranges.

I was on foot, travelling by bus and ferry... By the time I hauled
that huge 27 pound sack of oranges from the shop to the bus, off the
bus, to the harbour, up and back down the ferry gangplank and up the
hill to home my arms had stretched down to my knees and I had a sinking
feeling. Sure enough when I checked the recipe; I'd written "takes 12
pounds of oranges to make 60 jars". Not, 12 kilos (27 pounds).

Luckily, there was such a shortage of Sevilles that year that none
reached the island, so a couple of friends were very grateful to acquire
a supply from my sack.

Janet UK