Scott

In article >,
(Cindy, CA) wrote:

> The percolator just gives off this wonderful aroma, takes a bit longer
> to brew, but the whole house smells of coffee. With the hermetically
> sealed machine I would have to walk up and touch it to see if it was
> fresh and hot or cold that needed re-heating.

The reason it smells so good is that the aromatics are being wasted. You
want them to be released while you're DRINKING the coffee, not while
it's being brewed. And percolators boil the water (a no-no), and
recirculate brewed coffee back over the grounds (another no-no).

<http://homepage.mac.com/scott_r/#percolator>

please mail OT responses only