Glomis wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>I you shoot only animals found in the pine or fir forests do they have a
>>piny taste to the meat?
>>We have ours prepared as you have outlined with the exception part of
>>the hunting party is a certified butcher. All that is done and placed
>>in a very low...mobile freezer.
>>When I get around to using them I use a great marinade with natural
>>maple sugar and other spices. Delicious for ribs, steaks or roasts.
>>Usually throw in a cup of Bourbon.

> Hi:
>
> Well there isn't any pine in my area - mostly spruce and fir. Generally, I
> don't find that the evergreens lend much of a taste to the meat - the birch
> and alder and such if what does it.
>
> I'd like to see a copy of your marinade recipe if you are willing to share
> it.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Glomis

No problem. Used by my GGF and so on down the line.
All based upon the size of meat and type.
1 quart of fresh maple syrup
2 cups of bourbon or 2 cups of red wine
1/2 cup of celery seed
1/2 cup of mustard seed
1/4 cup of cracked pepper
1/4 cup of dry mustard
1/8 cup of cayenne pepper
1 cup of dried chopped onion
1/4 cup of dried parsley
1 small can of tomato paste...optional only if you want that taste added
Bring all this to a simmer for 3 minutes...do not boil.
Cool and let sit overnight and then start marinating the meat the next
day. One or two days is really good.