Old 25-10-2016, 07:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Trick or treat.

"T" wrote in message ...
On 10/24/2016 09:33 AM, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"T" wrote in message
On 10/23/2016 12:27 PM, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
Give them a bag of dried apricots - a fast acting effective
laxative.........................................

Especially if they are bright yellow (means they are sprayed
with sulfides).

Stone fruit is a pretty good choice to avoid them
getting diabetes.

They probably won't eat them anyway.

They're pretty tasty - I always end up eating enough to give me the
shits.

Kids would probably be reluctant till they've tasted a
few...........................

In my first flat - I run out of money the first week I moved in and had
no food.

Then I noticed the derelict pub next door had a plum tree orchard.

All said and done - eating all those plums ended up serving no useful
purpose............................

Stone fruits are all about seed dispersal. Plants "bribe"
animals into sowing their seeds for them. And make sure
their seeds don't "linger" around too long in animal's digestive
system and get digested themselves.

Are you in the UK? Has the food situation been resolved?
The low carb nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamia, etc) are
all diabetic friendly. Maybe almonds are, but there is
an allergy in the family.

Do you have any source of fresh sea food? That is good
for you on so may levels, not just diabetes.

I'd much rather eat fish than meat - but its more effort to keep and not
cheap.

Right now; chestnuts are in season - probably not such a good thing, but its
only from Autumn to Christmas.

Last year; the chestnuts from one supermarket contained the occasional
rooting nut - any found were promptly planted along the tree line behind the
flats.