Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Straws?

On 2016-09-19 5:07 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> I have never seen a bus stop and wait for a child who is late. When we rode
> the bus in grade school, if we missed it, too bad.

That's the way it should be. It is certainly the way it was when my son
was in highschool and missed the bus a few times. They would pull up,
open the doors and if he wasn't on his way out they left. I never
complained.

Things are different these days. When parents are upset they go to the
media and their elected officials and to social media. A few years
back the crap hit the fan when there was a missing kid and he was found
hours later sleeping in the back of his school bus. Local boards and
bus companies now have a policy about having a flag at the back of the
bus that the driver has to go and hang after walking back and checking
for kids. In that case the parents were demanding the heads of everyone
involved.... except the parents who were not making sure that their
little darling was getting enough sleep that he could stay awake long
enough to get off the bus. It's not like it was a 5 hour trip.