Steve Calvin

Siobhan Perricone wrote:
<snip>

> Keep in mind, though, if you don't have a smoker or a grill suitable for
> the method of cooking Steve suggested (which IS the superior method for
> flavour) then you can go with braising them "low and slow" in the oven.

Excellant point. I just "assumed"... I would not recommend trying the
method in say a gas grill. While it is possible to accomplish it's not
easy and doesn't do your grill a whole heck of a lot of good either. I
was doing ribs this way in my Weber Genesis Silver which did the job
fine but I sure made one greasy mess on the inside of the grill after
doing a few slabs. I just bought a Weber Smokey Mountain that is made
for this type of cooking. It's very well made for the $, btw.

If you have a large charcoal grill you probably may be able to
"squeak" by if you place the lit charcoal on say the extreme right
side of the grill and then put the ribs on the left side but keeping
the temperature at 275dF say would be difficult.

I agree with Siobhan, if you don't have a unit made for these types of
cooks you'd probably be better off in the oven. (don't shoot me people)

--
Steve

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.