Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT Straws?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> I ask for a straw with drinks with ice in them so I can guide the freezing liquid
>> past my front teeth which are really sensitive to cold. I refuse to apologize
>> for my use of straws. I seldom eat out, anyway.

>No need to apologize. Your situation falls under my general rubric
>of "has a medical need". I used a hospital situation only for illustrative
>purposes. It's the one I'm most familiar with.
>
>As a hypothetical, if you were in a restaurant and the general policy was
>"only provide straws if the customer asks for them", would that bother
>you?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I read an artical recently that said plastic drinking straws are a
major polluter.
https://www.kcet.org/redefine/cut-do...o-straw-please
I think people who want drinking straws should provide their own, then
they'd be apt to reuse them several times. As a kid there were
plastic fun straws with various comic book themes:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Unique-In...Packs/32351574
Some of yoose Liberals and Bernie fans may like this one:
http://tinyurl.com/3uv69h