Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Straws?

On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 9:21:44 PM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> I ask for a straw with drinks with ice in them so I can guide the freezing liquid
> past my front teeth which are really sensitive to cold. I refuse to apologize
> for my use of straws. I seldom eat out, anyway.

No need to apologize. Your situation falls under my general rubric
of "has a medical need". I used a hospital situation only for illustrative
purposes. It's the one I'm most familiar with.

As a hypothetical, if you were in a restaurant and the general policy was
"only provide straws if the customer asks for them", would that bother
you?

Cindy Hamilton