Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Straws?

On 2016-09-16, Dave Smith > wrote:

> On 2016-09-16 12:56 PM, Gary wrote:

>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> If I had a nickel for every time I've gotten a straw in a restaurant
>>> and just pushed it aside, I could retire. It happened just last weekend
>>> at our nearby Thai place.

>> We can all do our part to save the earth by boycotting straws. :-D

> Sure. The next time you are served a drink with a straw don't use it.
> Better yet. Send the drink back.

I kinda doubt it. Most retailers are loathe to give out anything,
anymore. I noticed almost 20 yrs ago, restos, fast food joints, etc,
did NOT give one all that junk. Hadda ask for more than one wimpy
napkin, hadda go up to the drink station and get a straw from the
straw dispenser. Drive-thrus were even worse. Hadda ask for more dipping
suace for more than 2 'nuggets'. Heck, now that I'm here in CO, some
mom/pop retailers use recycled plastic bags. Yeah!

nb